Search This Blog

May 28, 2012

Something Else Today

I did my writing today.  Just not here.  I wrote a heartfelt letter to my love to prompt a serious discussion.  Unfortunately he hasn't slept in 20 hours so the discussion will have to wait. 

In the meantime I played around with ideas for a cover for the book I'm working on.  Those of you on CritiqueCircle.com might have read some working drafts of The Mythical Male.  I have some wonderful ideas for a cover, but I lack any skills or software for graphic design, nor do I know anyone who has skill.  So, I used Microsoft Paint to the best of my ability. 

I know it's a bit lame, but for the materials at hand I'm quite proud of it.  I appreciate feedback on the general concept of it.

If you are wondering what else I had in mind, I was thinking of merging two half-photos.  One would be the left side of one main character's face and then have it blend into the right side of the other main character's face.  In the background there would be a space scene with stars and moons and nebula and such.

If anyone from CC is reading this, I'd like to say thank you and I appreciate any continued input you have for me as a writer.  I would also like to add that this particular post is more of a train of thought post than anything else.  Maybe eventually I'll post a short story or something.  For now though, I'll post the drawing I made and if you would be so kind to comment, please comment on the concept more than the execution of the concept.  I am so terrible at art my stick figures look deformed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment