Search This Blog

September 1, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 9/2/12


      September is here as well as another Six Sentence Sunday.  School is back in session which doesn't mean much for me except that I have only weekends with the most wonderful man in the world and don't have much time to dedicate to reading all the amazing writers on SSS.  I'll try to make my rounds and I thank you for stopping by to read my post.

      I am in the process of self-critiquing my WIP The Mythical Male after not looking at it for a few weeks.  This was partially on purpose so I could look at it with a fresh set of eyes.  It worked, maybe a little too well.  But here are six sentences that don't have a "do I really need this?" comment attached (yet). Tovi is reflecting on some of the tension between him an his mother (and there's nothing Freudian about it.)  I hope you enjoy!


         Anytime he talked to her, she’d ask if there was a woman in his life yet.  “I don’t see why not. Your young, handsome, rich…Jane Austen penned it perfectly when she wrote ‘It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.’ So what is your problem?”
            The problem was there weren’t any decent women in this settlement.  The only thing women saw when they looked at Tovi was a hot body with a large wallet.  He wanted a girl that would stick with him even if he was fat  and broke.

        Make sure to check out the great writers at Six Sentenece Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, and I bet more men are turned off than on by mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really sympathize with him. It's nice to see a hero who's interested in a serious, quality relationship, even if he's not a Cassanova.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for him, there is more to life and love than money or a trophy wife.

    ReplyDelete