Search This Blog

June 26, 2012

Dance, Baby! Dance!

     Writing poetry is in my blood.  My grandmother's poetry was published and what little I've read of it was quite moving.  However I seem to be missing part of the gene (perhaps the part accompanied by mental illness) and I find that poetry is not my forte.  Sometimes I find a diamond in the ruff of my attempts...or maybe just something that looks a little pretty.
I give you my attempt at poetry:

You can do the Twist or the Tango, 
the Waltz or the Worm,
the Mash Potato or Mambo,
the Sprinkler or Squirm.

You might cut a rug,
or bust a move,
hit the floor,
or get into the groove.

But nothing comes close to the wiggle and squirm,
the sway and the stomp,
the hop and the bop,
of dance in a toddler's world.



I hope you enjoyed my poem.  As always, I appreciate any feedback.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment